Wednesday, June 8, 2016

A simple Scriber in CadQuery

     Considering I've worked with a number of 3d drawing softwares (SolidWorks, Catia, Inventor, AutoCAD 3d) I Need to say: CadQuery is awesome. So far I liked it better than the formers.

     Rhinoceros still my favorite one, but it has an Achiles heel, It doesn't work in linux. At the time of this writing, I'm running only ubuntu in my personal computer. For my taste ubuntu is a lot better than windows, and pay for it just to run only one software sounds bad for me.

     When I was searching for 3d softwares for ubuntu, at some point I found CadQuery, and better yet, it has module to run along with Freecad.

     CadQuery is coded by Dave Cowden, and the module is provide by Jeremy Wright.


     I really need to say that these guys done an awesome work. Thanks.

     The installation is very easy and the learning curve, steep. In the same day I wrote my first script, a Scriber based in the design by Stan Bray, published in Workshop Practice Series Number 14 - Making Small Workshop Tools.

Source: BRAY, Stan. Workshop Practice Series Number 14 - Making Small Workshop Tools. Argus Books, 1987. P.8.

The Code:

The Output:


Thanks for reading!

Eddie

No comments:

Post a Comment